EgressAbility™ are able to assist all organisations, public spaces and workplaces meet their obligation in providing a safe environment for all occupants, including during an emergency evacuation. This reduces risk and provides a safer building.
To do this, we can assist with the following:
- Reviewing Fire Engineering Reports for new buildings to ensure considerations of people with disabilities are made in the fire safety strategy
- Meeting with Fire Safety Engineers during the development of a new design
- Assessing existing arrangements, to determine if planning for people with disability is in place
- Meeting with individuals with a disability to measure how safe they feel in the public space or building
- Identification of opportunities to provide a safer environment
- Developing wayfinding strategies to help all occupants identify the safe path of egress out of each space or building
- Working with event organisers to help develop emergency planning strategies during temporary events
Please review our Services to see how we can assist.
Lee Wilson, Director of Egress Group Pty Ltd, is an internationally known Disability Access and Egress Consultant.
Lee has presented at national conferences in 2015 and 2016 on the concepts of equitable wayfinding for egress/exit signage requirements.
In 2017 and 2018 he presented at legal conferences where he highlighted the risk for vulnerable building occupants and discussed egress concepts for buildings that considered the needs of ALL occupants. He has also published a guidebook and white paper on these concepts.